At Mixmax, our mission is building the impossible: a next-gen communications platform to make professional communications as rich, interactive, and developer-friendly as the web. We’re looking for talented infrastructure engineers to join us in this mission.
We’re a distributed & international team, so if you’re looking to work with us remotely, we encourage you to apply!
What will I be working on?
As an infrastructure engineer, you’re responsible for building and running the platforms that the product is built on top of. You ensure the reliability and security of our production infrastructure. Our philosophy on software engineering includes end-to-end ownership, meaning engineers own their solutions all the way into production. Infrastructure engineering is about enabling process and tooling that make it simple, easy and fun for the rest of the engineering to get their code live and as quickly as possible.
- Deep experience with the AWS platform
- Proficiency in Unix command line and understanding of package management on Unix systems
- Proficiency with configuration automation using one of: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with orchestration tools: Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker Compose/Swarm
- Demonstrable programming skills in one or more of: Bash, Python, Perl
- Understanding of network OSI model
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
What you might work on:
- Architecting and implementing continuous integration systems, build and deployment pipelines, production monitoring tools, and high scale web services
- Automating code deployment
- Designing and implementing tooling to make the product engineering team more productive
- Improving infrastructure monitoring
- Building automated testing infrastructure
- Securing our infrastructure
- Participating in support engineering and on-call rotations to help diagnose and resolve production problems and customer issues
Current stack: NodeJS, Go, React, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Redis, Electron, AWS.
What are you looking for in a team member?
Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast and adapt to shifting technologies. We’re especially fond of people who:
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Iterate until customers love what you’ve built, and pay for it.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code. You know when to unit test and when to “just ship it”.
- Strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding technical abilities.
- Love to experiment with new technology and share knowledge with the team.
- Represent the team and product at conferences.
If you are a member of an under-represented group in technology, we strongly encourage you to apply.
What’s it like to work at Mixmax?
We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success. As a team, we built multi-million dollar products with this balance in mind.
As a founding team member, you’ll wear multiple hats, embrace ambiguity, and take charge leading complex projects. You’ll have the support of an experienced team who’ve built multi-million dollar products and services. This is exceptionally challenging work, but will be the most meaningful and rewarding of your career.
How do I apply?
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your interests and experience (e.g., GitHub, LinkedIn, resume). Or click the button below (but we’d prefer the Mixmax email, of course).Back